Individual Taxpayer Identification Number- ITIN
A regular Acceptance Agent (AA) does not have the authority to accept or deny the documents. The AA must submit your original documents to the IRS. We are a Certifying Acceptance Agent-CAA, authorized and certified by the Internal Revenue Service. This means that we have signed a contract with the Internal Revenue Service special ITIN office. DO NOT confuse us with an Acceptance Agent (AA) or basic tax preparer who have very limited or no authority at all.
In order to get an ITIN, you need to send your original documents (usually a passport) to the IRS, which can be a risk as postal mails are hard to track and there might be a chance that you’ll lose your original passport.
To avoid all this hassle, you may hire a Certifying Acceptance Agent a.k.a.CAA to process your ITIN application.
We are duly authorized by the IRS ITIN office to issue a Certificate of Accuracy (COA) certificates. The COA certifies that our office was presented with valid identification documents and that we, as CAA, have checked and verified the originality of the original documents presented and are satisfied with the authenticity so that the original documents need not be sent to the IRS.
In order to certify the documents either applicant needs to be present with original documents OR send us the original documents and we’ll have a remote video session with the applicant. Our office once satisfied, we immediately return your original documents to you.
BENEFITS OF AN ITIN
- ITIN allows Non-US residents & foreign nationals who come to the United States for business purposes to open a US interest-bearing bank account.
- Securing a driver’s license. Some states have allowed the ITIN to be used instead of an SSN in order to receive a driver’s license, driver’s permit, or state identification card.
- Providing proof of residency. At some point in the future, an immigrant may need to prove how long he or she has been in the United States and having a tax return filed using an ITIN is one way to show that.
- ITIN enables foreign entrepreneurs to fulfill some application requirements in order to be eligible for E-Commerce business.
- It brings immigrants one step closer becoming United States citizens, as it legalizes their immigrant status in the country. It also serves as an opportunity for them to exhibit good traits of a responsible future United States citizen.
- ITIN enables foreign persons to buy real estate in the United States.
Our office also prepares and signs the ITIN application and prepares all documents for submission to the Internal Revenue Service.
Our office as a Certifying Acceptance Agent has a direct phone line with the IRS ITIN office in Austin Texas which is not available to the general public.