WHAT IS A REGISTERED AGENT?
A registered agent is a person or entity, designated in the articles of incorporation/organization, who can accept legal documents and notifications from a state office or other authorities on behalf of a corporate entity. All corporations and Limited-Liability Companies (LLCs) must choose a person or entity to act as their registered agent. There are few restrictions regarding who can be a registered agent other than that the person or entity must be located and available at a physical street address within the state during normal business hours. It is important that you select a reliable company when choosing your registered agent.
WHY DO YOU NEED A REGISTERED AGENT?
- Required by the state law.
- For Non-US residents, this is the only option.
- Don’t want to use your personal/residential address.
- Looks Fancy having a professional business address.
- You move around every year and cannot have one permanent address.
- You are a freelancer and want to cater reputable clients who go by your corporate address.
WHO CAN SERVE AS AN ILLINOIS REGISTERED AGENT?
The Illinois Business Corporation Act of 1983 lays out the basic rules regarding registered agents. An Illinois registered agent must be:
- An Individual Resident of the State having a physical address, not a PO Box.
- A domestic corporation, LLC, limited partnership or limited liability partnership
- A foreign corporation, LLC, LP or LLP registered within the State
In all cases, a registered agent in Illinois must maintain a physical address within the State where service of process/other business mails can be delivered during normal business hours.
REGISTERED AGENT SERVICE IN ILLINOIS
Illinois state statutes (805 ILCS 5/5.05) require corporate entities and Single-member LLCs to appoint and continuously maintain a registered agent and registered office within the state. The law allows the general public, as well as government agencies, a reliable way of contacting your business. This is mostly in the event of a lawsuit. When your company is sued, service of process (notification of a lawsuit) will be delivered to your registered agent.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE US?
- Competitive Pricing- $99/year with The-Best-Support you can get ever.
- Opulent Business Address.
- Real-time electronic mail-forwarding.
- Direct human phone support- No bots.
- We communicate electronically using your own provided email address. No more web-logins, so you get our emails directly to your email inbox.
- We will interpret the important notices for you so you will be able to act promptly.
- We also provide other related services like company formation, annual reporting, tax filing and audit representation at very affordable rates.
As your registered agent in Illinois, we will keep you informed about legal compliance requirements. Every business in the State must maintain good standing with the Secretary of State or else face various penalties.
An Illinois Corporation is required to file an Annual Report each year. The deadline is the day before your anniversary month. If you incorporated in March, then you must file an Annual Report by the last day of Feb. The filing fee for corporation annual report is $75. In addition, corporations must pay a minimum franchise tax fee of $25.
An Illinois LLC must file an Annual Report each year. The deadline is the day before your anniversary month. If you formed your LLC in February, then you must file an Annual Report by the final day of January. The LLC annual report filing fee is $75.
For either annual reports filing, we charge $50 which includes our service charges, mailing & money order fee. You must send us the full amount in our bank. Other processing charges will be bore by the client.